PATGC is looking for a Communications and Marketing Intern!
Assist the organization in the development and implementation of it's marketing, business development and public relations initiatives. Provide opportunities to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a community based nonprofit organization. Includes maintaining social media presence and assistance with special projects.
- Update and maintain PATGC’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
- Assist in planning, writing and managing a eNewsletter
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by PATGC
- Update the PATGC website when needed
- Collaborate with staff on current events and new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel and WordPress).
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Parents as Teachers Guilford County and the families we serve
- Ability to commit to 8-10 hours per month remotely; 2-4 hours in the office.